Monday, June 15, 2009

Doctor's appointment

We all went to my doctor's appointment this past Friday, and now Bryan knows why I don't like my doctor. (He only met her in the delivery room with Selah last pregnancy, so he didn't get to see her true "bedside manner" in her office.) My appointments with her last about 20 seconds. Okay, really 3 minutes. I truly was planning on switching doctors, but I am admittedly lazy, and I had a great delivery with her, so.... (In my book, any doctor who listens to what you want and when during delivery and then okays it, ROCKS. And you may remember that I wanted my water broken and my epidural put in as soon as they started the Pictocin. Which she okayed, having never delivered me before. LOVE IT!) At the visit she told me they were giving me a due date of 19 December, and when Bryan said as long as it was before Christmas we didn't care, she said we could schedule an induction, that wasn't a problem (I have given up on ever going into labor. I think that this is a myth.) She then got a heartbeat, asked if we had any questions, and said "looks good, see you in 4 weeks." It was definitely less than 5 minutes. But at least I am not there all day!
And we scheduled the "big" ultrasound. This is where they check the anatomy, make sure everything is accounted for and developing normally, and, our favorite part, usually tell you what you are having. So we will be confirming if it is indeed Micah on July 23. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Strawser 6 said...

Okay, i know I have been on vacation...but what 'Enormous Trip' are you talking about in your header? And do those 6 states include Virginia? if not...you better make it at least 20 days and 7 states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!