Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cars Cake



The son of a good friend turned 4 this week, and Bryan and I made him a cars cake. I was a bit worried when it was still in the oven at 11:30 Friday night, but we managed to get it done, even with a soccer game to contend with. (Though I did not get a shower, don't mind my appearance. Micah gives a good frame of reference for the size.) I am relieved to report it came out better than expected AND better than the one we were modeling it after. I'm so glad Bryan likes doing this with me, now the goal is to not always be doing it at the last minute so maybe we can really enjoy it!


And of course this spawns discussion about what the kids want for their birthday cakes this year...and it's hard to believe but we are fast approaching "birthday season" at our house!  Current mission is to invent a gluten and dairy free cake that tastes good! Fingers crossed...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Love of lilacs said...

I have a allergy FREE dessert cookbook, you are MORE than welcome to borrow it as long as I can taste a piece of each cake flavor. :-)

BTW- love how this turned out!