Friday, October 30, 2009

Hacked

We apologize to all of you who have gotten an email from us saying that we were in England for a funeral and needed money for resolving personal matters. Our hotmail account was hacked and they changed our password. In other words, we can't get in to see our contact list to send everyone an email explaining this. Thanks to all who called, texted, or Facebooked to let us know. We appreciate it. Sorry we can't really do anything about it. We have the same name @yahoo if you want to email us. It appears that we will have to close the account, but are trying to resolve the issues through hotmail. Unfortunately, they are a free service and do not have a customer service number, just email contact. Sorry for any inconvenience, thanks for understanding!

4 comments:

The Jendrusinas said...

Sorry to find some humor in this...I was checking my email as Matt and I were talking and I read his the email rather confused. Matt simply replied "that's not from Bryan, that's not his writing"...Who knew after all this time he could recognize that! We hope nothing else gets hacked...good luck!
Matt, Ashlee, and the kids

September said...

That's crazy and scary!!! I hope noone actually fell for the scam.

September said...

Oh, and I don't know if you got it since this happened on the same day but I sent an email to Jamie that was for you asking her to forward it for me. You probably never saw it. I'll send you my email on facebook so you can see it.

The Wilhelms said...

September, I am just really behind in everything. But I think I might be able to get the email from Jamie from my email now, I will check. And we had quite a few people say they responded, but don't think that anyone sent money- I really hope not! What a lesson!
Ashlee, I'm glad you thought it was funny instead of serious! I hate that it makes us look like such...I don't know, scum? But I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your awful weather (in my opinion.) If you come back to MI to visit family and have a little extra time, let us know, we'd love to try to come up and visit!