Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stop #6

We made a quick stop at Grandma Wilhelm's house after we left SC. (Grandma lives in NC, about an hour from Myrtle Beach.) Grandpa has had Alzheimer's for a while now, going on 10 years, I think. That's why there isn't a picture of him. Grandma takes care of him, which is a lot of work- she is an amazing woman! She also baked us some treats-which were delicious, thank you! And sent us with a basket she made (truly awesome, I'd love to learn how sometime.) She made the Noah's Ark basket for Noah when he was born, for those of you who have seen it. It lives on my changing table, so I am sure there have been pictures posted with it in there, I'll have to look (I'm on my phone right now.)
Anyway, the boys had a nice time watching a movie while we tried to chat. And Selah was a little terror, and kept getting into everything. She REALLY liked crawling into the magazine basket Grandma has by her chair, wish I'd gotten a picture of that. Unfortunately, it was a very short visit, as Bryan wanted to get a few hours of driving in while the kids slept, they (Selah, in particular) were pretty sick of the car by this point. But it was nice seeing you Grandma-hope we can see you again soon!

If you look at the picture, you can see Noah, being sweet as can be sitting with Grandma. He told her he wanted to sit with her because he loves her! And as we were leaving he told me he hoped we could come back soon because he REALLY LOVES GRANDMA. I swear that kid makes up for his troubling ways with his sweetness.
( I know it's not the best picture, but it's all I have. Grandma wasn't really sleeping!)

No comments: