Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cake and ice cream

We came home from dinner and opened presents, which I have no pics of. Mostly because I video taped, and I can only do one camera at once. Noah main present wasn't here yet- his spacesuit. It should be here tomorrow. His helmet and boots were, but the suit and gloves weren't. The boys decided that they wanted REAL astronaut suits, so we agreed, but that is their birthday present and their Halloween costume. Will post pictures once it gets here.
So, of course, Noah wanted a space shuttle cake. This was the final result. There are a bunch of things I wasn't happy about and would change if I ever made another, so don't look too closely! I think this was actually one of the easiest cakes I have ever made, but I can't take all the credit, Bryan helped a lot on this. The boys were impressed, that's all that matters.

You can't really tell, but the candles burn different colors. It's pretty neat!
Next up is Selah, who is getting a very simple cake.
And then Jonah, who wants an F/X-35... that may just be out of my ability...

No comments: