Saturday, January 14, 2017

Elijah's Rough Day



Mom made oatmeal for breakfast. Elijah doesn't like oatmeal. Wouldn't even eat it with marshmallows and chocolate chips in it! Elijah really only ever likes toast or bagels for breakfast...or any meal. Plus his special pizza and mac and cheese. We ended up compromising with graham crackers and peanut butter.

Then in the afternoon, I was making smoothies for snack. It's a rare way we can get a fruit or veggie into Elijah. Elijah walked into the kitchen and saw spinach in the blender...

E: Mom? Is that SPANISH? Are you putting SPANISH in my smoothie? I don't LIKE Spanish. I want a chocolate smoothie!

Mom: This isn't your smoothie, this is for the other kids. I'll make you a special one.

E: Ohhh. Will you make me a chocolate one?

Mom: No, No chocolate today. I'll make you a mango one.

E: With only mango juice? Because I DON'T. LIKE. FRUIT.

Mom: I'll make it the way I always make it, you love that kind.

E: Okay! Thanks, Mom!


I had someone distract him as I added fruit and spinach to his mango juice smoothie. I hate being sneaky or lying, but this kid REALLY needs something healthy in his diet!
Hidden "Spanish" Smoothie. He was doubling checking that there wasn't any Spanish or fruit.


No comments: