Monday, April 21, 2014

Money, money, money

While cutting Noah's hair today:
N: how'd you get to be so good at cutting hair, mom?
Me: well, I'm no professional, but I get lots of practice.
N: what's a professional?
Me: someone who does something for a living, generally speaking.
N: so someone who cuts hair in a salon is a professional?
Me : affirmative.
N: I think you are really good at it and should get a job in a hair salon! That'd be awesome!
Me: I don't think you'd Like that, you'd have to go to daycare.
N: no, I'd just go to school. And I like school. Plus, school isn't that bad, you and dad went to school! And they get to have gym class.
Me: you're right, school isn't necessarily bad. But you'd probably have to go to school and daycare. And if you'd like to go to school, that can probably be arranged. I don't need a job for that.
N:I only would go to school if you went to work. Definitely not if you were home.
Me: why's that?
N: well, I just want you to work so we can have more money. Otherwise, I want to stay at home and do school.

Entrepreneur Noah, Finding  money every where he looks, even in my hidden "talents." (For the record, I don't think my hair cutting skills are anything I'd share with anyone other than my family or someone really desperate. That was not taught in any of my college classes!)

No comments: