Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day Wishes Come True! (Sort Of.)

E: Sorry Mom, I got a little confused when I was writing MOM. I spelled it O-M-O on accident.  

I wrote my name really big for you, so when you're old you can still read it! 

All I ever want for mother's day is to spend the day with my kids. Certainly got my wish this year...2 whole days just the kids and I! Bryan has his AT in DC and they made him fly. So we drove  by ourselves. Exactly 24 hours from our house. 1641 miles.  It's even longer than it sounds. 

Almost the entire trip is on 1-70. It'll say only x number of miles but it just keeps telling  you to stay on 70 east. Days of 1-70 and acorn fields. 

An hour in and we have our first stop. 

By Kansas there was quite a bit of greenery. They were all loving the grass.  

They took a vote while I was getting gas and wanted to pitch in for Dickies for dinner. Kids eat free on Sundays...and to quote Selah, "I don't come here for the free ice cream, but it sure is a nice bonus!"

I should have said no...this was stop 5. At 5pm. And we were only in Topeka. It was the day that never ended. Kinda literally as it was after midnight when we finally made it to the east side of St Louis and stopped.  3 hours burned at 6 stops... hoping tomorrow goes better! 

At least everyone ate well!

Hard to believe but Baby Shark is a real song played on the radio late at night! For all those kids who refuse to sleep? 


The Mighty Mississippi!  It's not so mighty looking in the dark but I was still happy to see it! BED TIME!

No comments: