Monday, May 13, 2019

DC Bound Day 2

This is how day 2 started... with Jonah spilling my coffee all over the van.  Of course, he THOUGHT he spilled his. So he gave me the cup that hadn't spilled. The first sip almost ended up spit over the inside of the van as I wasn't expecting flavored creamer. Luckily, I caught myself and had gotten a second cup already so I wasn't totally out of luck. 

When he went to get himself a new coffee, he grabbed a couple pieces of bacon for the road. 🙄

Selah got a little exercise giving Elijah a ride at a rest stop.  

Missed the photo op, this was the handful of grass Jonah scooped Upton smell at the rest area.  Freshly mowed grass, or grass in general, isn't really a thing in CO. And it was a long winter in Michigan.  It's been a good 8 months since we've smelled that smell. 

The song seemed fitting this morning as we finally made it to IN. AMD still had 11 hours to go...

Then it seemed like we spent most of the day in Ohio, as we traveled from one corner to another. At least it wasn't as bad as Kansas. 

Noah asked for a picture of this when we stopped to get water at an overlook. 

Beautiful view at the overlook. 

So incredibly green. Jonah commented to the other kids this am, "y'all need to look out of the window at all that foliage! "


Caught a rainbow in Maryland. 



We finally branched off of I-70 for a couple hours in PA and MD...only to pick it back up.  Almost the entire trip was on the same road. Keeps it easy,  I guess. 

No comments: