Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Micah's Water-mouthing Cornbread.

While Micah isn't an unusual name, it's also not a common one. So it's rare to see something with Micah on it. Bryan and I had a grocery shopping "date" the other night and happened upon this gotten free cornbread mix. Titled "Micah's mouthwatering southern style cornbread." We couldn't help but buy it for the sheer novelty of it. And he carried around for hours after we gave it to him, he was so excited. Particularly So because he can recognize his name and he showed everyone that it says Micah on it!

We made it with dinner tonight, and Micah asked me if I would like a piece of his "water-mouthing cornbread." Who could resist? Don't we all love water-mouthing cornbread?

(Note, if it didn't have Micah's name on it, I would never have bought it. One, because virtually all gluten free mixes are ridiculously overpriced. Two, because rarely is a mix as good as making anything from scratch. And I have a great cornbread recipe we love.  Three, cornbread isn't difficult to make gluten free and therefore is totally not worth the markup in a gluten free mix. I hoped it would be good, even though not likely worth the price. I honestly didn't think it even came close to the recipe I normally use. Which was disappointing because I've (once) used that brand's spice bar mix-made into pumpkin bars-a it was delicious. Not worth the price, but at least very good!)

~Sarah

No comments: