Thursday, September 19, 2024

Weekly Randoms

We've finally started bringing Jude toys to restaurants. (You're going to be there a while and the alternative is a screen in his face.) So here he is ordering me to take my turn trying to balance the penguins when I'm trying to snap a quick picture. 
Last night was Brunch Republic for dinner. (They try, but it just isn't quite America.) I love their yogurt- granola bowl, but since I had yogurt for breakfast and lunch....I tried something new-  avocado toast with poached eggs and chili flakes. Jude ate my eggs. And the rest was,  well,  let's just say they REALLY should take a page from the Americans and have salt and pepper on the table. Things here are so bland, and I'm not even someone who likes much flavoring! But alas, there is always sugar on the table, usually oil and vinegar, but almost never salt and pepper. 

While doing laundry earlier this week, Elijah realized the coffee machine had definite cappucino.  He begged money off of Selah after the machine ate his American coins (because it took Euro) and then proclaimed it was the best thing he has ever had to drink. 

The older kids love that Jide crosses his eyes and are always telling him to do this for their amusement. 

The kids went to KFC at the mall for the millionth time, so bryan and I tried to get dinner at the hotel restaurant. There was quite a wait, even for two, so we checked out a little place down the street. 

Finally! A little Italian place just like you would expect. I wish I had taken a picture of the gentleman who served us. 😔 

Also, finally good food! 
I had the house made Bigoli- homemade pasta with a pepper cream sauce. Incredible. 
Bryan had some kind of soup made from creamed beans. He said it was actually quite good, despite the stew look. 
Secondi,  I was excited to see caprese with buffalo mozzerella on the menu (secondi is normally meat or fish) and while it was decent, it needed salt and vinegar! Tomato, cheese, olive oil, basil... I'm just not that Italian. 

This was lunch the same day. A four cheese pasta. This is why we complain about the food here. What is in my simple four cheese pasta?! Blue cheese?! Needless to say I didn't finish it. Selah ate even less of hers. Secondi was grilled chicken- actually grilled! Too bad there was no seasoning whatsoever...

Judah, giving me a heart attack! Just peeking out the screen-less second floor window 😳😳😳

Mom! What day is it?! 

Monday?! I hate monday! 

A picture stolen from the high school's instagram account from last weekend's tennis meet. 


No comments: